Outbreak of Lung Injury Associated with E-Cigarette Use/Vaping
(*correct at time of sending, but these numbers are sadly increasing daily)
- There are 530* cases of lung injury reported from 38 states and 1 U.S. territory. Seven deaths have been confirmed in 6 states.
- All reported cases have a history of e-cigarette product use or vaping.
- Most patients have a history of using e-cigarettes containing THC. Many patients have reported using THC and nicotine. Some have reported the use of e-cigarette products containing only nicotine.
- If you are concerned about these specific health risks, CDC recommends that you consider refraining from using e-cigarette or vaping products.
- If you have recently used an e-cigarette or vaping product and you have symptoms like those reported in this outbreak see a healthcare provider.
- Anyone who uses a vaping products should not buy these products off the street.
- Youth and young adults should not use e-cigarette products.